What Kids Want To Be When They Grow Up (1:11)
Video Credit: Sagebrush Community Church, Albuquerque, New Mexico
How about you? Remember when you were little, when everyone asked you, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” At that time in your life, I’m pretty confidant that your answer wasn’t, “I want to be average” or “I want to live a mundane life.” When you were little, just like these kids, you had a dream and it was to be The Best You.
Current Day: I Had a Dream?
- You can wear anything and look so good. I just don’t have the right personality.
- My family is struggling financially and I want to do something—anything but…fill in the blank. The market is flooded, people are tired of people trying to sell something, and who would buy something from me anyway?
- I could never run a 5K—I don’t even remember the last time that I ran.
- I’m just a stay at home mom so I live in the mundane. You know—the same old stuff—fold clothes, wash dishes, change diapers, and then do it all over again the next day.
- I wish I just liked fruits and vegetables. I can’t even imagine loving them.
The 1 Thing You Need—To Be The Best You
The 1 thing you need—to be The Best You?
It all starts with positive thinking—rewiring your mind by filling your mind with positive biblical self talk. Replacing that negative self talk, and negative self perception.
I’m Doing Great!
Ways to Spark Positive Thinking
- 1. I listen to music that has inspiring or encouraging lyrics.
- 2. I read encouraging blogs and books.
- 3. I listen to podcasts that encourage me to be a better me.
- 4. I always start my day with a two chair session. As a Christian, this has been essential in my relationship with Christ. If you are not a Christian, a two chair session can still be helpful for a jump start to your day. To learn more about “2 Chairs and the Secret That Changes Everything” visit www.2chairsbook.com
- 5. Every day I read a self talk card. I read it in the morning before I start my day and every night before I go to bed. When I first started this, I could tell a difference in my thinking almost immediately. I created a special Healthy Living Mom set of Biblical Self Talk Cards in partnership with Ziglar, Inc. You can get those by clicking on the link for your free copy!