My start over—the time when I plan and set my goals in life as a mom—didn’t happen.
“Sonya, I’m allowing you to feel the overwhelm again, so that you remember what it used to feel like.”
I know how you feel—and God is allowing this overwhelm so I can share with you that it doesn’t have to be that way.
I know how to crush those feelings of overwhelm and the best way to accomplish your goals in life.
The Perfect Solution to Accomplish Your Goals in Life
The problem is that these solutions start with you.
- Create goals that don’t matter to you.
- Have the wrong planner.
- Don’t work hard enough to succeed.
- Have goals that are not SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely).
- Lack accountability.
The Best Way to Accomplish Your Goals in Life
“God has something to say about New Years resolutions.”
“Pride equals self–reliance. Thinking too much about ourselves and not God.” —Jim Samra
Seek the Lord First for Your Goals in Life
- Pray and ask the Lord what He wants you to do. It may take awhile for you to know what that is and it may take some time to know. You may even wonder at times, “Did I hear God wrong?“It’s okay. You don’t need to worry. He will guide you. There’s also no need to rush or feel like you’re behind. I really like how Lara Casey says it, “There’s no magic in January 1.” Today is the best day to start!
Write down some notes.Take notice of common themes that keep coming up in your life. For me it often will be something someone says, or a song I hear, after I’ve read something in my Bible.
- If you want insight or wisdom, the Bible also says to ask!Find some godly Christians, seasoned moms, a pastor, or a godly girlfriend for what they think you’re good at or even those things that you need to improve upon. Both of these areas are great to have for your goals in life—to live a life of reverence and godliness as mentioned in Titus 2.
These three things are what I’ve been doing for many years and this year I’ve needed to lean harder into that foundation because of all of the change that we’ve recently experienced as a family.
Intentionally Investing In My Goals in Life
As a Christian, if your goals in life are about you. God is not for that.
“If you and I are resolved to bless ourselves—there is no room for God to bless us.” —Jim Samra
What if God didn’t have a plan?